TC 016 When survivors give birth. With Penny Simkin.
“A good birth is worth two years of psychotherapy.” – Klaus & Simkin.
Your fears matter. Learn how to have your needs honored in birth.
Penny Simkin is a physical therapist, a childbirth educator and a doula. She has co-authored a few incredible childbirth books including “The Birth Partner”, “Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn” and “When Survivors Give Birth”.
In this episode we discuss the importance of respectful, compassionate care for survivors of childhood sexual abuse (and all women!), what that can look like and how you can get it.
In this episode you learn:
- That your fears matter
- How we can honor women in birth and why is it so important
- Why unsolicited kindness to mothers can change the world
- How to have your needs honored in birth
In the comments:
How or how were you not met with respectful, compassionate care?
“Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.” Barbara Katz Rothman
Enjoy The Show? Stay In Touch
- Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
- Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
- Subscribe via Google Play
- Send me feedback at email@example.com
- Leave a comment below
- And you can share with a friend using the social media icons to the left