TC 028 Labor and Lunges: Pregnancy Fitness for Baby and Mommy
A birth story including nutrition, exercise, fertility, pregnancy fitness and of course a birth! I chat with Tatiana Amico about how a simple squat (ok, maybe not so simple when you are in labor!) affected her birth experience.
Tatiana is a mom to two and a woman’s health coach helping moms to have a life that kicks ass.
So you’re pregnant, you’ve quit alcohol, sushi, soft cheese, you’re exhausted and then I or another childbirth educator comes along and says that you also really keep up that exercise routine and try to squat and sit on the floor more often.
What? You’re kidding right?!
In this episode you learn:
- How green smoothies can be a simple start
- What small changes can you make today
- What a lunge and squat can do for your labor
- How to find what kind of exercise you like
In the comments:
What small changes have you made to support a fit pregnancy and a healthy birth?
- “Getting a baby out is a lot like getting on your favorite tight jeans. You gotta wiggle a little.” – paraphrased from Debra Pascali-Bonaro at Eat, Pray, Doula