Photo credit: Myrriah Janette Peacefulbirthhaven.com
TC 005: Getting breastfeeding off to a great start. With Kathleen Kendall-Tackett.
What is going-on with breastfeeding and birth today? Why are so many women perceived as having low milk supply? Kathleen Kendall-Tackett, Phd, lactation consultant and author comes with whys and hows to empower you and your baby to get started right (including how to keep a sleepy baby interested at the breast!).
Feel informed and at peace with what you are meant to do. Know that breastfeeding is a full-time job.
Moms – You are enough! You do enough!
In this episode you learn:
- How your baby’s poo tells you if she is getting enough milk
- What your crying baby really wants
- Why those free packets formula work against breastfeeding
- The crucial role of postpartum support
- Why babies eat all the time and importance of nighttime feedings
In the comments:
What is your experience of breastfeeding in the early days/weeks? Did you get the support you needed?
Enjoy The Show? Stay In Touch
- Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
- Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
- Send me feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave a comment below
- And you can share with a friend using the social media icons to the left