TC 009 What is a birth doula and how your partner benefits too
I doula’d one birth where the Dad researched microphones on his smartphone in the early hours of an induction. I held the mom’s hands and she sang and rocked on her birthing ball. The Dad’s support would be needed later – hours of counter pressure and verbal support when mom was so very tired.
He was able to rest and charge in the early hours because I was there for the Mom. That was the relief he needed.
Every partner has different needs.
In this episode you learn:
- What is a birth doula
- What do a partner and doula each bring to birth
- How a doula supports the whole family
- Resources for finding and choosing your doula
In the comments:
Let us know how your doula and your partner supported you during birth.
Enjoy The Show? Stay In Touch
- Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
- Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
- Send me feedback at email@example.com
- Leave a comment below
- Join me on Periscope for Ask The Doula M-F @AmyNeuhedel
- And you can share with a friend using the social media icons to the left